Can you believe it’s only 5 months until graduation? It seems like just yesterday you were a scared and insecure freshman entering the big unknown. Fast forward 4 years and now you’re in the homestretch. Your college applications are in and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. After all the all-nighters you’ve pulled and all the studying you’ve done, it’s very tempting to loose focus and shut down at this point (and the weather doesn’t help, either, am I right?). But you’ve worked so hard and even though you’re almost done, you aren’t off the hook quite yet. Check out these tips to finishing off your senior year with a bang and enjoying those final memories before heading off to your next chapter.
1. Do your assignments when you get them. A lot of times assignments really aren’t that hard. It’s only when you have to do the whole project in 2 hours, that it gets hard and overwhelming. Give yourself enough time to successfully finish it without unnecessary stress. If the assignment is a longer one, space it out so you only have to do a little bit of work each day. Make life easier on yourself and don’t procrastinate.
2. Go to as many events as you can. This is your last chance to go to basketball games, pep rally’s, and dance competitions to scream with your friends in the student section. It’s your last chance to go to dances and make memories. Even if you typically don’t get involved, cheer as loud as you can and show your school spirit. Don’t take these opportunities for granted and make the most of the time you have left to be involved in school activities.
3. Appreciate your friends. Before you know it, all your friends will be off in different places. You might not have thought of this yet but it’s inevitable. Some friends might stay near you but not all. Just imagine- next year, you won’t be able to see their faces everyday and hang out whenever you want. What??? Spend as much time as you can with them while you have the chance. Plan movie nights and coffee dates to make the most of your friendships.
4. Study. Studying can be extremely boring and probably seems useless because you’ve already been accepted into college at this point but it’s incredibly important. Plan study groups and find fun ways to keep you motivated. Always put your studies first because colleges still look at grades senior year. It might not seem like it matters, but it can make a huge difference to your future.
5. Stay Organized. School bags with pockets are an easy way to stay organized with little effort. Dedicate one pocket to books and one to pencils. Color-coating is also a super simple way to make it easy to find exactly what you need. Make each subject a different color and use tabs to easily spot which book you need.
6. Invest in a planner. If you don’t have a planner in your life, what are you doing? Planners are perfect for busy students because not only can you write down your school assignments but you can also write down personal events as well. Anytime you plan a date with your friends or have a test coming up, write it down in a planner so you can easily see your week at a glance. Knowing when all your work and due dates are will prepare you for your weeks and take away a lot of stress.
There is so much coming in the next year for each of you and all the work you put in is sure to pay off. Take a step back to enjoy, observe and finish the year strong so you can walk away proud of yourself and have lasting memories. Enjoy these last few months til graduation. They go by quick!